Thursday, February 02, 2006

So much for a regular try...

I kow I tried to come up with a more regular schedule in loading my musings, btu lets face it... many things can get in the way - prominent among them being a technical problem with accessing my internet at home.

Can I just say that there are times when I think our local phone and inernet carrier's service really sucks. So much for customer care. They've got this hotline (dial 171) and you're given voice mail - which is fine. It after all gets the user (or listener) to the right people - so long as you first listen to all their pre-recorded ads, and follow the automated intructions. Upon selecting the proper combination of number sequences, I get rings... then an automated response kicking in after a few unsanswered rings. First is a reminder that their technical people are busy (are they ever there?), then after another round, a less than profound appology with intructions to try again.

So, I've been trying this - on and off - for about a week now... to no avail. Crap.

So much for technology helping out. In the meantime, it looks like I'm stuck without any inernet access. I've a mind to change service providers if this obvious inneficiency continues.

How about that - my first musing... and its a rant to a telephone company. What's the name of this company? The Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company.

No comments: