Thursday, May 21, 2009

The ironic and mundane day

Warning... if you don't want to read about boring stuff - skip this entry.

Ironic… that is what I’m thinking of right now. That I have more access to technology that could help me blog faster or better… and yet, fins myself blogging even less these days (or weeks). The question is – why is this so?

Is it due to a lack of time? Don’t think so… but I do think it comes into the picture. A lack of topic, perhaps? Maybe – see, though I could possibly talk about so many things… I don’t want to talk about too mundane stuff – things that may seem just… well, everyday-ish (I can imagine what some grammar police will be thinking of that last statement). Is it basically a lack of interest or inspiration worth writing about? Now, that… can be the root of it all. But, again, why is this so?

Take today (the date escapes me right now – it’s just one of those slow days for me… meaning I’m slow – not the world), for example… if I were to just talk about what has transpired, I’d say that I brought my wife to work – as I usually do.

I also decided, early this morning, that I would go straight to work real early – about half a workday early (basically four hours early) because I don’t want to scamper for parking in the Robinson’s Forum (shopping mall) parking lot; due to the fact that the Cybergate office building’s parking would definitely be full of your regular office arrivals. So I really don’t mind being too early, as it offers less hassle later.

But what do I now do… with this extra time? Well, for starters, I can catch up on my blogging – albeit, in an offline sense, as I’ve been trying to find wireless networks that will allow me access. I simply needed to get to my work area (12th floor conference room) early and hang out there. I was even planning on taking my breakfast there – however, the best laid plans did not consider the fact that the training room I would be in would actually be occupied from 10am until 12nn - thus unusable by me.

I ended up at the floor’s pantry – plugged my laptop to the outlet in one corner, and started typing out my thoughts and feelings. However, things got a little noisy – hence I decided to pack up (after breakfast) and head on to another floor – with hopes of finding a colleague. Unfortunately, it seems that there was no one else around. So I decided to once again go to that floor’s pantry – find a socket and continue blogging. Yes… it was comparatively more quiet in this panrty.

So far, I’ve been at this for three hours, with two blog posts to boast about – one (this one) being a mundane piece – despite my earlier statements, and another which came out a little too profound for public consumption... oh I’ll still post it, though may consider a more private setting for it.

Since I still have two hours to spare – I have to think of activities (including lunch) where I can spend less – if not at all. Plus… it seems like I’ll be looking for another location after all, as this particular pantry (18th floor) is getting too noisy – will people chattering and the City Service personnel cleaning mugs will little regard to the noise he is making.

I also know I need to go to the mall later – withdraw some cash (in case my parking gets higher than Php100 (which I doubt – I hope), the tight money matter (prior to withdrawing) was another reason I decided to park the car in the Cyber 2 building, and not the mall. Another reason for my need to withdraw some cash? Just to have some contingency funds – it’s an ‘in case’ thing. I need not do it during lunchtime… which is just 30 minutes away, as many people may troop to the ATM during their lunch break – and my training will allow for some break time… I can use one such break time to get to the bank’s ATM . Whew…. Time flies when you’re preoccupied.

Ah well… half the workday is done, but my training has yet to start. Lucky for me, I’ll be with Mon – so one of us can really sneak out to the mall while the other lectures – so long as whoever is out gets back before his turn to talk comes. Unfortunately, that could entail spending – which I already said I would not want to do… being on a tight budget and all.
=
I need not worry for meals – for one I have some ‘snacks’ and second, my training has meals included – possibly an afternoon snack and dinner. So I’ll survive this day’s meal requirements… and if there isn’t any available meal… well, I could afford to lose a few pounds.

Side thought…Wow! eleven paragraphs; approximately one page and a half… of mundane talk typed out – how about that.

Another side thought – this while eating a Washington Apple that Barbie gave me for snacks (and it is 2:13pm anyway, so it really is snack time)… this tastes crunchy and great! Too bad it was just a little apple – kinda ‘bitin’ and the café mocha that I’m taking on the side with it, somehow does not go with it too well. Note to self… don’t mix an apple with coffee – or specifically, café mocha. They aren’t the perfect snack match.

So… was this interesting? Did my reader(s) learn from it? Yeah… they probably learned that I can be a raving lunatic or blabbering idiot – uh oh… was that thunder I heard? Is it raining outside? Doesn’t look like it – but I can’t be certain, as the windows I see are shaded – and I see no darkening effect or wet marks. Ah well… no worries – I do have the car. Barbie, on the other hand, will have to worry about the rain this afternoon – if it does rain.

So back to the blabbering idiot part… yes, I can be verbose. But anything else learned? Here’s one… as a running commentary for my day, it sucks… why is that? It does not give the reader… myself included, any idea of time stamps… one that I was used to doing in my journals of old – you know, like the Star Trek supplemental logs. Oh well… next time.

How am I doing this, by the way – meaning, writing while I’m supposed to be supposedly conducting training? Simple… in the partnership I have with Mon regarding the trainings we share, it is currently his turn to talk. I’ll do so later – and I’m sure he will then be doing something similar to what I’m doing now. He does have a blog, after all.

No comments: