Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Blogging on the go... hitches experienced

Yes, I've been trying to blog on the go with Blogger.com and my iPad. Unfortunately, it seems that there is a glitch in the Blogger application when launched in the iPad... specifically, when I'm typing out my blog - and when it gets to be several paragraphs long, I find it difficult to scroll down to the end, so that I can type my next paragraph.

For some reason, and this is what I find frustrating, there is no page down or (go to the) end button, so I can continue typing where I left off. I always end up at the top, and since there is no down button, or end button and there is no scroll bar (to scroll down either), I find myself trying different ways to go down, and when I reach the end - again, for some strange reason, it automatically brings me up to the beginning again. It's utterly frustrating!

Then there's another thing... uploading pictures. It only allows pictures from the blog (meaning those I've used at one time or another), or some that have been uploaded in a webpage... but no allowable way to upload a picture from my iPad library for the first time - oh yeah, it may allow uploading from a smartphone, but not the iPad. So much for wanting to add pictures.

It's mostly because of these two frustrations that I find blogging on the go (meaning using my iPad) frustrating... and greatly limiting. Hence my not going at it full swing. I don't know if I should look for an iPad specific version of the Blogger apps, or just switch to Wordpress or something else.

No comments: