Thursday, September 14, 2006

My Aquarium - an update

Been a while since I've mentioned something about it, so here goes...

I'm trying to revive the old glory of a planted aquarium, but to do this I need three things:
  • plants
  • CO2
  • lighting

Of these three I have access to the 3rd item - though it might take some experimenting to see if other bulbs will do as effectively. The CO2 will need a tank - and my mom will give me one of her oxygen tanks - the one she hardly uses, once the oxygen is spent, that is. That leaves plants - ironically the harder thing to find.

See, having plants are not that hard since plants are bing sold - its the type of plants I'm looking for that are a bit of a challenge.

I strive for the Amano-tank look. This means a natural looking tank with lots of plants, designed with a Zen-like look. One that is relaxing and wonderful to look at for long periods of time.

So far, I have some of the fishes, the shrimps and the tank. I'll be getting the CO2 soon (maybe next month) and can adjust lighting once the CO2 is installed. Hopefully, I do get to develop this real well... if its successful (or even semi-successful) I'll post a picture of the tank.

Until then, its planning and fingers crossing time.

No comments: