Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finally got my Starbucks planner - 2009

A few weeks ago, I posted in my other blog the fact that Starbucks had released its new planner - and the accompanying card where you're expected to collect and stick stickers for said planner, and though I had not yet seen it, I was already commenting on the fat that a lot of people would start getting their coffee fixes in Starbucks, just to get the necessary stickers for the new planner as reward after you've had the required number of stickers stuck to your card.

This year, the number of stickers have been lessened, form around 20, we now just need 16 stickers... guess they wizened up... maybe less people got the planner last year - me being one of them... but that was more because the design didn't strike me as worth getting - see, last year's design was too artsy for me. Hence I just bought a simple but elegant planner from National (as you can see from this picture - the green one of course)

I was, in fact, half ready to once again buy the same planner - but when I saw the Starbucks' planner for this year, I thought it was indeed less artsy - simple and handy... so i thought, its just 16 stickers anyway, and i would not go out of my way to buy and drink the coffee, so... it was worth a try. After all, even if its just one coffee a day - for 16 days... I'd have my planner before Christmas... that assumes, of course that I would start my daily coffee or 'frap' on the first day of December (I started earlier), and it wouldn't be like I was addicted to the stuff - nor was I getting more than my usual, just to get the planner.

Well, I finally got my planner about two weeks ago - yeah, that fast, and I'm happy to say I did not overdose on caffeine either. See, I had help... Barbie and the kids would order their fraps on a Saturday, and naturally, we'd get four stickers just like that. Sometimes, barbie would even pay for the drinks, so those would be free stickers - hey, why will I complain?

I chose black, of course... I mean, I found that red and blue, though stylish, were not exactly my color - if they'd have had green, that would have been my choice - but lacking that, the only other color option they (and I) had was black... so black it is. Though if I'm to understand them, red seems to be a favorite color... maybe for the ladies. Anyway... I'm satisfied with what I got.

A week or two later, Barbie also got her card filled and she went for the black as well (since there was no red). Now? I'm still collecting stickers - but only when I chance upon as Starbucks. If I can find a red, that is what I'll get next so I'd most probably give it to Barbie... if she's interested.

No comments: