Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another day of blogging on the go…

It's a Monday, the 27th of April, and I’m currently in Starbucks’ Mega mall branch (the one found on the side of building A – facing building B). I’ve just finished one blog entry for my coaching site, and am now just typing this out for my minutiae musing site.

But to go back a bit, what am I doing here? Well… Bryce and Sharmaine are apparently celebrating a monthsary (monthly anniversary) by spending the day either watching a movie or just hanging around. I, of course, had to bring Bryce here – as, lucky for him, I did not have anything pending this day… but how about me? I did not want to be a chaperon from 11am to 4pm, so I had to think of doing something.

So, I lugged my laptop into my North Face backpack – complete with charger – placed my iPod in as well and decided that I would try to find a Wi-Fi hotspot, and either blog or just read my downloaded e-comics.

After Bryce and I found Sharmaine, I was left on my own… and started looking for, well… a place to have lunch and maybe hang around while using my laptop. I was trying to look for the soup place - the place that served different soups; which I remembered to be on the side of Mega mall – hence my coming to this side - but when I could not find it… well, I spotted Starbucks, and thought, why not?

Three hours later, I’m still here… having had a chicken-turkey sandwich and orange juice for lunch. Right now, I’m slowly sipping on a Tall Non-fat, no whipped cream, Café Mocha, as I type this out. The music is a bit progressive – but not annoying, and it certainly beats the traffic noise outside… and lets not forget the lingering summer heat. I’m glad this place is air conditioned, or I’ll be in a very crabby mood.

I also visited two comic shops here – just to see what they were displaying, but I had to control myself from buying any comic… after all, my funds are limited these days, so I have to avoid unnecessary expenses… and given the fact that these can be downloaded from the internet torrent sites… well, lets just say the temptation to spend has less impetus or reason – plus the fact that I can enlarge the images, and not really need my glasses to read the comics is getting to be a plus factor.

But enough of that… how is my blogging experience going? Just fine, really. Granted, I’m more using a word processor first, to help me get my thoughts in order… edit here and there for consistency (and spell check) before downloading the whole article to my various sites… that seems to be the current practice. I can, of course, do impromptu writing direct to the sites – as I have done at times in the past… but they tend to be unedited, which makes me go back to fix them later. Now, since the typical word processor already has a spell-check, then it won’t be (or shouldn’t be) a problem anymore.

So on I go… blogging here and there.

Note: apparently, that place can get noisy by 3pm, and I then decided to finally leave Starbucks, so I could walk around - even briefly, before I rendezvous with Bryce.

No comments: