Tuesday, June 02, 2009

How do they do it?

As I surf the net, once in a while I come across blogs of friends or future friends, and the first thing I notice is how great looking their site is. A definite far cry from basic Blogger or Wordpress templates at that (though I should be honest that the Wordpress templates seem a whole lot more artistic)... and the differences are just too glaring when I hop from their site to mine.

So as I said earlier, how do they do it> Are there HTML codes and commands I have to recall? Java scripts I have to collect? What should I do to make my sites look more... well, artistic and professional yet aesthetically sound?

I don't mind reading and learning... but I do want a road map. What should I do to shift from default template user to a more versatile, power user. Suggestions are most welcome.

No comments: