How about a warm welcome to our family's newest member - Beowulf, a German Shepherd.
Beowulf came into our lives some time July last year. He was born April 22, and was ffered for sale by his parent's breeders around his 2nd month. Barbie decided to get a dog, and she knew I had fond memories of Hunter, my first German Shepherd, whom she had the chance to meet when we weree still dating. Huner died when we were already married, and she saw how lovable - and proecive he was with me.
So Barbie seemed to want to help fulfill a void I had with all the dogs we were forced to exile to Cuenca, Batangas, due to some unreasonable appartment owners. Now, however, we had the possibiliy of having a dog with no pertering home owner telling us wha we could or could not have. Thus Barbie started seeking a Grman Shepherd puppy out in the market. I was non-commital, seeing how much these puppies were going for. Anyway, Babrie timed the puppy's delivery to our home while I was in Cebu. When I got home, he was waiting to greet me.
We enjoyed playing with him, but still needed to be cautious about is health; at least, until he had all his needed vaccination shots completed. Meanwhile, he continued growing. As of this writing, he's just weeks away from his irst birth year (in human terms anyway). He's become rowdy, but lovable. Energetically running wild one moment, then calmly ling beside you he next. He insists on going with us whenever we leave the house, and in many cases where I'll just be driving to and from the house, I do bring im along. He's recently started riding shotgun, when Barbie isn't riding with me. At times, I suspect he probably loves to drive - but he's content with he window haldway down, feeling he wind on his face Like it or not, I'll definitely look forward to years of companioinship with Beowulf. Family and friends who remember Hunter say Beowulf resembles him. Who knows? Maybe he has returned?
Either way, Welcome to the family Beowulf. Just be gentle with the cats. :D
The Band gets back to practice
-
It has been a while, but we managed to have one practice session this May,
and I basically became the defacto vocalist for almost all the songs we
tried t...
1 month ago


No comments:
Post a Comment