Have you ever had one of those moments when you pause, take a step back - then realize you wished you could remember that one particular moment in your mind? That if you had a camera - or a blank canvas, you would try to preserve the moment? I know I've had them... and in some instances, they represent very simple - yet wonderful visuals that tell me life is worth living.
One such moment happened just a while ago - in fact, it happened twice around the same time yesterday and today. Of what do I talk about? Simple... it's the image of seeing my kids asleep - really peaceful and rested, while Bubbles, likewise enjoying the lull of the moment and the cool environment, is at times curled up at their feet (sometimes, she's stretched... at other times, she's got her head rested on a pillow).
So why does this merit a pause? Simple, it represents what I want in life... the peace, the quiet, the safeness, the fact that at that point in time, they are blissful and rested. My kids - though they technically are more teens now than kids, are two important aspects of my life... and Bubbles resting at their side - represents of course, the added love, loyalty and security offered them unconditionally. Bubbles stays with them - not because she is forced to... but because she does not think otherwise. It's not for her protection or sheer comfort either... she is very protective of anyone in my family - specially when we are asleep.
But yeah... going back to the topic on hand, this is one image worth remembering. It makes me think everything is okay in my world... and that both Barbie and I are able to continue giving them what they need - including the bliss of resting in a home... mindless of time passing.
Despite what I said earlier about wanting to preserve it with pictures though, I know it's inappropriate to do just that - so I will merely preserve it in my mind... and in this blog.
We should all be so lucky.
The Band gets back to practice
-
It has been a while, but we managed to have one practice session this May,
and I basically became the defacto vocalist for almost all the songs we
tried t...
1 month ago


No comments:
Post a Comment