Wednesday, May 07, 2025

Pasigarbo DisCon - Sunday: B Reunion, International Speech Contest Finals, lunch, and back to Manila

.
A bit of a confession. I drank a lot Saturday evening, so much so that I felt it Sunday morning. In fact I was thinking of sleeping off the morning. However I had a shceduled Division B past Governors and Directors reunion with Dennies Siongco, a Cebu-based past Governor at 7am. You could say I did not really enjoy my buffet breakfast that morning. I enjoyed the reunion, but was in passive mode the entire time.

I even felt like hurtling in the middle of the get , so I excused myself and went to the rest room to hurle my breakfast - thankfully, Dennies and the otehrs did not really notice how I looked and felt (yes, I did not shower for this reunion either - but that's okay since my room was airconditioned, and I did not really sweat.

The next activity was a talk by Aaron Beverly, but I opted to go back to sleep some more. Get up later and attend whatever else I can. I dozed for at least two more hours - took a hot shower, then showed up late at the pavillion. After all, it wouldn't do any good for me to skip the rest of the DisCon. I had to represent N in whatever capacity I still could.

I would like to thank, my good friend Glenda, who offered to return to her hotel room to get me a bottle of water mixed with Berocca. This really helped me counter my hangover, and I could continue with the day. The rest of it was breezing through the International Speech contest, and taking group shots because we know after luch would be the closing ceremonies, and wveryone would then be getting ready to check out and leave for the airport.

While I was having lunch, my HOLA colleagues went to ollect me so we could finally get a group picture by the beach. You see, we'd planned this since day one, but we were all too busy with different things to get the gang together.
As my flight was around 9pm, and apparently, was in the same plane as Dan and a few other Toastmasters, we were to be brought to the airport around 7pm. Meanwhile, it was enjoy the rest of the day. At the airport we again saw Toastmasters - all ounging around, waiting for their respective flights. Ours was a much delayes one though, and what was supposed to be a 10pm arrival at Manila, turned into a 4am arrival instead. Man, that was bad. But as you can see, while waiting at Mactan airport, we were still all smiles - that was until we had to crowd around to board the plane. That in itslef deserves anotehr entry. After all, it shouldn't affect the overall positive vibe of Pasigarbo sa Sugbu.


Daghang Salamat to all the organizers of this DisCon. It was highly enjoyable and meorable despite some hiccups. Looking forward to the next Discon, this time, in Angeles, Pampanga.

Now I just have one question... what do I do with all these new wardrobes?

No comments: