Monday, September 01, 2025

Memoirs Q41: How do you cultivate Meaningful relationships in your Personal and Professional Life?

So many ways to choose from, that I first will need to reflect on this.

On a professional level, I focus on respect. A spirit of camaraderie and collaboraiton. Clear expectations and communication. I either find a way to help when needed, or steer clear so as not to be a hindrance to someone's work. Focus on servant leadership and flexibility when dealing with differnt people. For this I need to observe people and consider their Social Styles and adjust my approach form there. Then I consider where they are in a situational leadership model and lead appropriately.

Do they need help? Guidance? Someone who can show the way?

On a personal relationship factor, I try to understand their interests, hobbies, find any commonalities - at least for new acquaintances. For those who are already friends and acquaintances, I can be seen as a quiet person. I am. I speak when I need to say something or share ideas. Otherwise, I'm normally in one side, or corner - in observation mode. if we share a common hobby or interest, I can help with the continuous conversations. for example, I would love talking about pets (my dog, cats and aquarium fishes), comic books, streaming shows - specially SciFi or Fantasy,

Toastmasters has taught me to open up,concerse with others, show interest(s), and Listen - that latter part shows you respect for them as a person, their interests, and their time.

No comments: