Sunday, November 09, 2025

Memoirs exercise in hindsight

I initially went into this project with enthusiasm. I was both curious, and aprehensive with the idea - but curiosity won the day, and I thought it was a good idea to collate my thoughts by answering 50 questions. Along the way. I would discover some things about myself - and though I may have paid lip service to some questions, I answered them honestly nonetheless.

Would I have not sheared some ideas? The temptation was certainly there - but if I wanted to be honest about myself, I needed to answer them all with honesty. Did I circumvent truths? I don't think so... am I in denial regarding this? Maybe... I hope not, though. After all, if this is to really be a sort of fast talk documentation of my life, then I needed to be candid about things.

Do I consider answering thigns differently? Not really... if any, I would have wanted to expound on some answers - to go beyond short answers. I felt that some answers needed to be either clearer, or I may have answered some differently at a different date. Thus, I will probably review these questions and answers at a different year - see of my answers stay the same, or if I need to validate some answers, if not flat out change my answers entirely. So yeah... give these thoughts, I can only say the answers to all 50 questions may be dependent on what I felt when reading the questions for the first time. They may necessitate some editing given a second read at some future date.

Until then, these answers stand.

No comments: