When I am asked this, I haev to really dig deep into my memories - these were usually about life in San Juan - less the house in N. Domingo vs. the one in H. Lozada. N. Domingo was our place - but I vaguely remember how the house looks. Nope... I jus rememerb snippets connected to emotions.
I vaguely remeber falling down a ladder of sorts and my foot got caught, which left me hanging for I don't know how long - how I was finally rescued and brought ot the hospital, and how this led me to times when (and this was years later), I experienced needing to stop myself from habitually twisting my foot and somehow making it feel painful again - I needed to stretch it, turn it... but in doing so, I was making it feel painful again. Why? I don't know. I just had to will myself not to do this.
Then there was the time I rode a tree stump like a horse, and started giddy yupping, and feeling some pain on my leg whenever I moved it - until I looked and saw a hairy catterpilar with a good number of it's hair (or needles) stuck on my leg already. This was also painful later, because the way they removed the hair was to drip candle wax on my leg - definitely not fun at all... and it had to be done several times until there seemed to not have any hair any more.
I think I also saw a ghost one night ago. I was in the bed room when I woke up, looked at the door and saw an ethereal floating head. I just hid under the blanket hopeing whatever it was would not see me.
In H Lozada, whoch was connected to the N Domingo property via a back driveway.Both properties formed a big L-shaped property. I think the H Lozada property was my grandmother's property. Mom's mom - Loal Ruby> I vaguely remeber walking from one howse to the other.
In the H Lozada house, wehre we later stayed - unsure why we moved and when back then, I remeber haivng a long stair, and I would use a box as a car, and ride it down from the top of the stair.
I also remeber San Juan Fiesta - and throwing water to all passersby. Not sparing anyone. I even tossed water on a bus filled with nuns (I was a kid, so anythign goes), I was later tod that I shouldn't have done that. Worse? I found the faucet slow in filling up the pail, so I got water from the fish pond. Oh lordy, now that I think about it...bot, did that stink.
I also remeber the stick my mom used to discipline us - that was painful, until I learned to place a notebook under my pants.
Thise are my early memories. I'm sure there are others, if I think about it. I sometimes see baby pictures and youngling pictures - but tehy are simply pictures - with no connected memories. So yeah, I kinda remember these because of an emotion connected to them. But they are vaguely remebered memories. From a chronological standpoint, the N. Domingo memories are earlier ones.
The Band gets back to practice
-
It has been a while, but we managed to have one practice session this May,
and I basically became the defacto vocalist for almost all the songs we
tried t...
1 month ago


No comments:
Post a Comment