I'd have to go with my mom. She was the family's pillar She may not have been perfect - and I did share that she could be strict and inflexible... with a my way or the highway kid of mindset. Still she taught me all these things - either as a way to emulate - or vow not to do to others. Either way, I formed my moral compass by these terms.
I learned to be good to others. Not to take advantage of others. To respect others. To keep one's promise, or word. To have a sense of honor - and do unto others... yes, even a healty respect for Religion. But as I said, I also learned a few things like being diplomatic about things, specially when my dad asked about my mom, and my mom asekd about my dad. I knew that saying the wrong thing would fan flames - so i carefully crafted my messages.
Mom also caried her sense of honor too high at times. She owuld quit a job when slighted - not bothering to fight back - thus losing out on others who wanted to ease her out. That would be a mistake, as her family suffered. I guess, she wasn't practical and when she decided... come hell of high water, she'd stick to it. I learned to be flexible and measure all the outcomes before making my final decision. I knew when ego needed to step back. When silence was golden, and what to do - and not do in times of conflict... mostly by dealing with my mom. So yeah, she was a great influence... but not in all the ways she might have wanted.
The Band gets back to practice
-
It has been a while, but we managed to have one practice session this May,
and I basically became the defacto vocalist for almost all the songs we
tried t...
1 month ago


No comments:
Post a Comment