Saturday, May 17, 2008

Nature pictures this time

This time around, I'm trying my hand on taking nature-related pictures. Here's an orchid that can be found in the middle of Greenbelt's park - I noticed it before, and thought to myself that I should have brought my camera. Naturally, the next time I went, I looked for this orchid and took one shot.


I hardly had to make any changes to the image. You might say, this is one picture that I am proud of - the subject is very much in focus and does not get smothered by its surroundings - and the surroundings are not exactly something to ignore either. Its just that the orchid seems to naturally stand out - it was begging to be taken.

A friend and colleague of mine (Mon Villar) commented that I should have taken the picture much closer - thus making the orchid the real main subject of the picture. It also makes the focus zoom into the flower and sort of zoom out (defocus) the background. This is something his wife did. Sound advice... problem was I couldn't go nearer said orchid anymore, as there were other natural and man-made barriers between the flower and me. Good thing too... I suspect that the flower might not have been there long had it been easy to access.

Still, I will try out said advice come the next time.

No comments: