Thursday, September 02, 2010

Photoblog - Day 141 Aug 29, 2010

Relaxing Sunday:

One of the usual way I would relax would be to listen to music. Nothing unique about that in itself, true... but in this particular time, I got to listen to two Filipino albums that I actually got to like a lot. Now THAT is new. How so? Because I hardly have high expectations when listening to locally produced albums with local talents. You see, for me... these local talents rely too much on commercialism and not enough on quality.

Well, I'm glad to say that I was wrong in this case... on both counts! Wow! Like I said, it was not a normal Sunday. I got these albums the day before, but decided to listen to them this Sunday - seeing as I had noting to do this particular morning. Glad I did too. Be it Ogie's respectful rendition of classic (not old) Filipino tunes or Noel's take on Pinoy pop hits of yesteryears, these two cds gave me listening pleasure mixed with reminiscing and relaxation.

To top it off, I got to read the second Matthew Reilly book - Six Sacred Stones too. A great yarn with a very fast-paced plot. Did I say I finished the first book in just three days? I can't remember the last time I read a book that fast. Chances are, I'll repeat the process with this book.

So... having just the book or one of the cds for the day would have been enough to make this Sunday give me a good experience. All three in one morning? Like I said earlier... Wow!

No comments: