Saturday, September 25, 2010

Photoblog - Day 153, Sep 10, 2010

Tasting Nirvana:

No I'm not into any philosophical discussion as I write this. The little domed chocolate cake you see with a fin (or rudder... depending on your imagination) at it's top, is indeed called 'Nirvana' at the place it is being sold - namely Bizu.

This particular evening, we found ourselves in Greenhills and decided to have dessert before heading home - Barbie suggested Bizu... a place known for it's cakes and pastries, so off we went. As we started choosing our preferred dessert, I spotted this little domed cake. The dark chocolate promised enjoyment while being consumed, and the fact that it was partially a mousse with pistachio bits lent further temptation... so, I gave in and ordered this little devil.

To say that I enjoyed it immensely would be a flat out lie... no sir, I didn't. You see, for it's size, it did not satiate my sweet tooth at all - though not because it was not sweet... perish the thought. I don't want my dessert sweet at all - nope, I wanted this to be a whole lot larger than it's standard serving size... THEN I would've really enjoy it.

Oh well. I guess a glimpse of Nirvana will have to do.

No comments: