Saturday, September 25, 2010

Photoblog - Day 155, Sep 12, 2010

Night blooms:

Some things just look better at night. I guess it may be because in the dark - or with a dark background, the contrast between the subject being taken and the previously mentioned background is a whole lot farther apart - hence the background further emphasizing the subject's visibility.

That is exactly what seems to have happened to this stall filled with different flowers (orchids), I mean... I see this almost whenever I find myself in Greenhills - and yet I rarely stop to admire these flowers in the morning or afternoon. The yellows are most visible - but then again, so are the purples.

As for the picture per se... I was torn between taking just one subject, or getting the entire bunch. You can, of course, see which idea I finaly decided to take.

No comments: