Friday, December 03, 2010

Photoblog - Day 237 Dec 02, 2010

Toastmasters:

I have not been actively pursuing my Toastmasters connections and trainings for about... oh, three or four years now. I just find myself too tired, coming from work - and if the idea is to practice public speaking or feedback-giving in the club meetings, well... I do that almost every week in my work anyway. So you could say there seems to be some redundancies between my work and the Toastmasters.

This does not mean that I will not attend meetings when invited by other clubs - specially from colleagues whom I've rubbed elbows with when I was still active... and one such colleague is Jeck Maog - who, out of the blue, invited me to be their General Evaluator for this evening's meeting. I warned Jeck that it has been a while since I attended such meetings, but to her... once a TM, always a TM - plus she favored me with the reminder that I was an evaluator champion back then, so... well, how does one turn an invite down after hearing that?

The evening was nostalgic for me... reprising a role I've done many occasions - though not recently. I marveled at the Mangers for Christ TMC's new blood (mostly La Salle graduates - so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised, he he he), and how well they delivered their speech projects - and I was glad to give feedback to a lot of my colleagues in my capacity as G.E.

I sincerely hope I helped with my insights, and though I don't relish the idea of being invited by others soon enough (like I said, I can get tired after work), I can't deny the fact that TM meetings are fun and energizing... plus if you get to help others improve... well, isn't that good karma for you?

No comments: