Morning Rush Observer:This is what I ended up doing... since I did not have any trainings to conduct today, I was able to bring Barbie to her annual medical check-up appointment - then looked for a place to hang around in the Ortigas area. I remembered the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in the vicinity, so ended up parking nearby... grabbing my camera and backpack (with a few reading materials), ordered breakfast and enjoyed the morning in a relaxed manner.
One of the things I readily observed was how people were in a rush... moving here and there - going past the coffee shop, on their way to (or... in the case of some call center employees - coming from ) work. I even had a team of call center agents and presumably their team lead (or manager) meet, just one table away. I did not eavesdrop in their meeting - focusing instead, on reading my new issue of Time magazine. But, boy... did it feel good to be apart form this rush crowd situation... even if it was just for a day.
Did they wondered who I was and why I was not part of their situation? I mean, I was just in t-shirt, shorts and rubber-shoes, so I was obviously not in work attire... but did they indeed even notice? Maybe... then again, maybe they were too caught up in their everyday work concerns.
If such were the case, I couldn't blame them... I would, after all, find myself joining them in this morning rush come tomorrow. But until then... I found it quite relaxing to just observe things... to be a silent witness, without having to be
a participant of the rush hour - even for just a day.


No comments:
Post a Comment