Quiet Reading Corner:When I can find time for reading... and I do find time in between lectures, I catch up on a variety of subject matters - for example, Time has an article regarding Wikileaks, that I was just curious about , so I got the issue - and should I grow tired of reading Time's articles, I switch to a book - in this case, I am now reading Seth Godin's Tribes. My first Godin book, actually. I was curious about him before - and I do subscribe to his articles in the website... but it is just now that I considered getting a Godin book.
I know he's got a lot of ideas - often times, radical paradigm shift ideas... but hey, it helps put the status quo in a different light. This one is more leadership oriented... or at least, it tries to be. It's also easy reading, but I have to say, I guess I've grown accustomed to Seth's style on the web... short write-ups, and I'm still on the bench wondering if I prefer his style here (longer but more complete with explanation), or simply short and profound (due to a seeming lack of explanation).
Ah well... guess it's time I renewed some of my passions for leadership, and likewise renew my tribal influences. They haven't disappeared - though I'd say they have somehow hibernated.
Oh yeah... and reading goes so well with either some coffee or tea; both of which I can get in Starbucks.


No comments:
Post a Comment