Friday, April 01, 2011

Photoblog - Day 353 Mar 28, 2011

Fire:

This happens to be the insides of a baking oven - particularly, one where pizza can be cooked. I was contemplating on whether to get the over - both in and out... or just concentrate on the inside. Obviously, I opted for the latter because I also wanted to capture the texture of the flames against the logs... though obviously, the logs can't be seen here... just their silhouette.

The other thing different about this picture is the fact that I used my zoom lens for this. You see, I had to take this from across the dining area to the work area of the restaurant - plus I had to content with a glass wall - hence the need to make sure the glass was near-invisible, to look like it was not there at all.

So, basically, I wanted to capture the flames... to make sure they're recognizable as flames... and the rest can be left to everyone else's imagination. But I really liked how the flames emphasize the shape of the oven mouth top - with it's near Moorish-inspires shape; while the walls almost just give a hint on how the rest of said oven mouth's shape actually is.

No comments: