Second stack for April:Remember that big load of comics I recently got? Well, most of them were March releases - these here mostly represent April releases, and of special mention in this batch is the new FF#1. Yup... from Fantastic Four, we shift to Future Foundation - a bold move for Marvel, through it's innovative team of Johnathan Hickman and Steve Epting.
The issue - as first issues go, is still a build-up. It starts pretty much with Spider-man joining the team, the introduction of the new costumes as well and a very surprising ending... though albeit a bit expected when one looks at the previous issues. But Val, has asked Doom to join said Future Foundation. So imagine that... Three of the original FF with Reed, Sue and Ben; Spider-man, and the FF's ages old nemesis now working as one team... Sorry for the geek moment folks - I guess to appreciate this all, one would have to have been following the old FF's exploits. Needless to say, I can't wait for issue two.
Other than that, it was mostly a Captain America list - what with nearly four issues dedicated to Steve Rogers. This is obvious preparation - and possible marketing for the character as his movie release approaches. Heck, even Secret Avengers was more about Cap than the team.
What made it non Marvel exclusive was my getting newer issues of Sherlock Holmes Year One. After having bought the first arc's compilation a few months back, I liked how Dynamite's creative people were treating Holmes, so was curious to see this new arc - and it's currently in it's third issue. Naturally, I'm still wondering where this is going - after all, it is a challenge to show Holmes with his deductive reasoning on the comic's visual medium... but let me say that it seems that getting these in trade may be a better idea.


No comments:
Post a Comment