Sunday, April 10, 2011

Photoblog - Day 358 Apr 02, 2011

Bay Birds:

The title sounds tacky, like a B-quality TV series... but I just happen to be in the Cultural Center of the Philippines area - specifically the Starbucks at the bay area, and spotted these little - but fast flying birds swooping around the waters, near the boats. Dipping, diving up to the water's surface, catching food for them.

What was I doing here? I came - with Barbie, straight from La Salle Taft, where we made the proper reservations for Bryce's entrance to said University, and after which, we decided to enjoy some coffee and relaxation time - hence returning to the Starbucks at the bay area - Canon DSLR in tow (as usual), but this time, I was armed with my zoom lens (just your simple 55 - 250mm), wanting to take some pics of boats and the marina.

Well as it turned out, boats were aplenty - although moored at the far docks - which was fine, since I did have my zoom lens which was good enough for the job... after all, I just wanted to get cluster pictures and not need to see the faces of the people on said boats and yachts... would be nice if I could, but I'd need a lens that can see farther for this.

Anyway, as I was taking the boats into view, I did notice the birds (don't swooping in and out of my lens's view. So I thought, how about taking pictures of these birds as well? Buoyed by my earlier successes with capturing McKinley Plaza pigeons in motion, I gave it a try.

Seems like ther guys were harder to pinpoint - I did mention they were fast right? Well I tried getting a few shots - and since they were some distance away, I needed quick reactions from my camera and it's zoom. What I got wasn't exactly picture perfect... but they did show birds. Ah well... I hope that I';; get better shots next time.

No comments: