Sunday, April 10, 2011

Photoblog - Day 361 Apr 05, 2011

New Books!

I really should watch myself whenever I enter a bookstore... these were definitely unplanned purchases, but of there's anything I've learned form these serendipitous moments, it's that these bookstores are fickle when getting inventory, and they don't stock a lot, so if I don't get some promising books then, I may never see them again... or at the more favorable situation, I could reserve them - but this is only good for a week. Needless to say, I decided to get these now than risk fate's fickle favor that should I return another time, these would still be here.

Two books in particular were really hard to let go - the first is a book on design patterns... and not just focusing on one industry, but patters that are universally acceptable, regardless of industry... so wow... definitely useful in IT design considerations... and wherever else I get into. And while we're in the subject of great design...

The next one is a fanboy's dream... specially if that fanboy grew up enjoying the exploits of a certain Female alien who just happens to be a natural born Vampire - and not one converted by a bite. I naturally refer to Vampirella - who probably has the best iconic costume... or if not that, the best one many fanboy's enjoy looking at, should any worthy female model said costume.

The other two don't really figure into the bookstore treasure hunt... the Imag is a photography magazine with lots of tips, while the Teen Titans is, of course, a comic book. I still am wondering where this particular title is going... so I was just curious. Art wasn't bad... story, well... like I said - see where it's going. This issue, they intor a new character, hence my curiosity.

And now it's back to ogling Vampirella artwork for me. One I really enjoyed way back as a high school student... and still enjoy - specially the painted ones, up to now.

No comments: