This is Liza, a friend of my sister Bing - and she normally visits us when she acts as courier for my mom in Batangas - in this case, it was about a bank card she had to give me and then get back. My kids naturally have taken to calling her Tita Liza.
That aside, this particular say, Bryce lets her try out a few... okay, one song in Guitar Hero... how do I describe the results? I guess I can sum it all up to what I said that night as I observed her play. She was thinking too much, and was lucky to successfully follow a stanza. I would even venture to say that she takes after Guitar Hero like a fish out of water -I'm not mean, mind you... it was that bad.
Still, trooper as she is (notice the smile on her face?)... she continued on until she showed obvious signs of marked improvements (almost finishing a stanza), and maybe - just maybe, if she keeps it up - she'll finally get a song done before the year ends. Needless to say, we all had a few grimacing moments - but lots of laughs (including her) at her seeming misfortunes of playing - or should I say, agonizing through Guitar Hero. Hmmm... can't wait to see how Bing will fare with this as well - that is, when she comes down.
In the mean time, hang in there 'Tita Liza", it doesn't matter how many times you fumble or fall - what matters is you continue trying it out, until you get it right through your perseverance... and self-depreciating humor will definitely help too.


No comments:
Post a Comment