Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Photoblog - day 74, Jun 23, 2010

My new comics:

Technically, I was supposed to get these comics in about a week's time - usually synchronizing such a purchase with my going to Makati at the month-end to get my paycheck from Phoenix-One.

Today, however, I was invited by John to his birthday celebration in a restaurant that was just across from my usual comic place. So naturally, soon as we were done with lunch - Eboy and I left John to take care of the bill (it was his treat, after all).

I, then, decided to drop by the comic store and pick up my stack - which was relatively lesser than I considered. Nevertheless, it was a relatively light set - though to be fair, I also get a few issues this past weekend... ones that would have been added to this stack, had I not has them already. That said... any particular issue (or issues) I find interesting? Well, for starters, we have the Captain America issue where Zemo returns... then there's Iron Man... and this particular issue welcomes back a familiar character... Mrs. Abrogast, who used to be Tony Stark's executive assistant.

As comics are wont to entertain, this batch was a mix of great story telling, great art and characterization - okay... maybe not everything was excellent - but they're mostly above average - then again, there are some lemons... and we still need to turn them into lemonade.

No comments: