Since I'm on a roll with taking pictures of my fishes - I decided to try my camera (now that I know a little more about it's functions) on capturing my Cardinal Tetras - now, unlike my first subjects, the Discus and the Clowns, these guys can be quick to swim around, so it was a greater challenge to capture them in pictures. How much of a challenge? A test of patience once again actually... sitting beside the aquarium - camera pointed and waiting until the fishes come across my lens's shot angle (I needed to refocus a lot of times).
I remember trying to catch them with my old Ixus V - and ending up with a couple of red and blue blurs (guess I know how Jimmy Olsen feels) where there should be fishes. This was where I resigned to the limitations of said Ixus. But now... I'm sporting a DSLR - and this baby is a whole lot more flexible than the Ixus... though it can't capture videos as the Ixus can, so that's the trade-off.
So... what did I do differently to capture a much clearer - and closer picture of these guys? I set my camera to auto-focus, set the ISO speed to max... and made the AI work for me in capturing the picture - yeah, I know... I sorta cheated, but who can argue with results here?


No comments:
Post a Comment