Sunday, June 27, 2010

Photoblog - day 77, Jun 26 2010

The Toblerone:

This cocktail is called the Toblerone - one of the suggested drinks that come with the Frangelico liqueur. It's made of 2 parts Frangelico, 2 parts cream, 1 part Kahlua and 1 part Bailey's - add all these with ice and shake (or use an ostirizer) and place in a martini glass. Garnish with a piece of chocolate - preferably Toblerone of course, and you're set to enjoy this cool drink.

So yeah... you can guess what I did this Saturday night. Although I had no company to enjoy this drink last night, it was a good experiment - after all - before I recommend it to others, I need to try it out first. So, how was it? It wasn't sweet - if you're wondering about how it tastes... well it's a bit like a Hazelnut milkshake with hardly any alcohol taste.

The thing is... I can't just do singles - so I ended up enjoying three cocktail glasses of Toblerone - then went straight to bed... but I don't think it was the alcohol. ;-) At least now I can offer something new and different to my guests... and it will definitely be an added treat should they be chocolate lovers.

No comments: