Sunday, June 27, 2010

Photoblog - day 78, Jun 27 2010

Whammo!

This was where Bernice and I had lunch, right after we had gotten her a floral dress in Mega-mall. The strategy was simple - arrive early and get things done before the mall started packing 'em in. Well, we did just that and considered getting an early lunch before we did the less challenging errands - like get stuff in the bookstore.

Going back to Wham - I have not had a burger in a long time... so long, I can't remember when I had one. Guess it's because I try to avoid burgers in favor of (ahem) healthier stuff. But, since Bernice wanted one... well, we chose the closest burger joint to where we were... so yeah - it's a little bit of serendipity that made us order and eat at Wham.

It's not that Wham isn't good - it really is... but it's so heavy. Maybe 20 years earlier, I would really get to eat these with gusto. Now though, I try to limit my fast food intake - and tasty as it is, the Wham burger is a classic example of a fast food product.

However, good tasting burgers are not the only identity of Wham - as you can guess by the paper on the tray, they project a comic-book image... in fact another store even has posters of well known comic characters done by well known artists. They even had a few framed comics (collectors item types) that people in the know can ogle at in between bites and chews.

That said, I shall try to visit this place some time next month - or the next two months... again, nothing against Wham burgers... it's more a diet thing.

No comments: