This is one of my three Clown Loaches (the fresh water counterpart to the Clown fish of Finding Nemo fame). This picture was one of the latter pictures I took for today, and it was actually a toss-up choosing this and the harder to capture Rummy Noses.
My older camera... an Ixus V, had difficulties capturing moving fishes, hence my having a lot of blurred pictures - specially when we try capturing my smaller, but faster moving Cardinals and Rummy noses. As you can see, the DSLR does not have any problem capturing my fishes now, and I was able to capture the Rummy Nose as well. So why didn't I show that picture? Well... the over all composition of this picture looked much better. If I didn't know better, I'd think my Clown knew it's picture was being taken and posed deliberately for this shot.
Bottom line, I can now better capture my fishes - and I'll probably choose a better picture for my Cardinals and Rummy Noses at another day. Meanwhile, in case you're curious about said Rummy Nose and Cardinal shot, I'll be placing it in my FB pictures. I can now enjoy looking at my fishes for de-stressing sessions - plus look at and share pictures of them when I'm not home.
Technical aspect: I tweaked the contrast a bit to make the fish look less pale, and cropped the excess background. Other than that, I used a manual focus, rather than trying things out automatically.


No comments:
Post a Comment