This what I was trying for here. Fans of Lord of the Rings will of course find my picture's subjects familiar... the Argonaths; which we all saw in the first film 'Fellowship of the Ring'. These were the two tall and imposing statues that the fellowship - while in boats, rowed through enroute to Mordor, close to the movie's end (before they encounter the Orcs and get split up).
I tried to take a picture of the statues from what I thought would be the viewpoint of the Fellowship as they paddled their way between the monolithic landmarks / sentry posts. Just to give you an idea, these statue replicas are just about 5 to 6 inches tall... the picture hopefully gives the illusion of these being tall and intimidating - just like in the movies.
To accomplish this, I just places the statues near the edge of our dining table and took the shot from below the table's surface. It was just a stroke of luck that the wall was somewhat grayish blue - replicating the effect of overcast skies seemingly signaling the ominous plight of the Fellowship. That said, I just adjusted the contrast and color a bit.


No comments:
Post a Comment