This picture shows a wall in a resto-cafe that my colleagues and I frequent at Robinson's Cybergate 2, in Boni. What attracted to me about this was its overall impact and artistry. You will notice that the masonry on the bricks is far from smooth - and yet, it is this effect that gives it the post-modernist/steam punk look that I thought of. Mind you, I'm no expert in interior design - but the wall was eye catchy due to how it was done.
To counter this rough interior, the cafe's proprietors placed two large mirrors on said wall - right above the long black sofa which serves as comfortable seating options for the cafe's patrons. The mirror reflects the lighting - thus making things brighter; as it likewise reflects the interiors to give the illusion of making the space look more roomy... bigger. But that's not all... If you look closer, the mirror here (as is it's twin) is framed by rough wood that matches the roughness of the walls.
Adding a finishing touch - the frame is back-lit by white lighting which gives a zen design - countering the roughness of the wood and wall... while seemingly supporting the smoothness and tranquility of the mirror's surface. Whether the owners or designers really had this in mind, I don't know... all I do know is that it's over-all impact impressed me enough to take this picture and share it. No special effects or adjustments made here... just wanted to show the scene.


No comments:
Post a Comment