When I find myself in the training room relatively early, I bring out the book I'd be currently reading, and try to finish a few pages (or if things are really interesting to me, this can stretch to a few chapters).
It's a way for me to spend time while waiting for my training to officially start, i.e. the time to start - or sometimes to wait until 50% (or a relatively sizeable number) of attendees to arrive. This practice lets me actually finish reading books, where I would normally not get to even consider starting (let alone, finish) one for a seeming lack of time to really sit down, and enjoy reading one. It's also a time when I can reflect on some poignant lessons the book may offer.
The marker (a dry marker type) is for when I wish to highlight a passage, quote or message from within the pages. The coffee is courtesy of a coffee dispenser during those days when a Starbucks or it's likes are too inconvenient to purchase. The black mug is from one of the many pantries at the client's site which can normally be found on the same floor, so it's just a short walk to the dispenser and (limited) choice of coffee. Other than that, I naturally will be needing my reading glasses; though there are days I can and do try reading without them - but if the font is insensitively written small or when the color combination is such that it becomes hard to discern letter from background, then it's out with the reading glasses.
This was just a straight forward shot - no frills... having paused for a while as I was reading, I noticed the ordinary setting and thought that it would be cool to preserve this scene for posterity... hence my taking the shot.
Why did this picture appeal to me enough to choose it as my picture for the day? Simple... it reminds me of how I can be creative in finding time to continue my quest for knowledge; for my self-awareness or my self-improvement.


No comments:
Post a Comment