This is Tito Joe Tipton, a balikbayan and one of my cooler uncles, though not really a blood relative type uncle... more like a family friend uncle - then again, he also happens to be one of Barbie and my god fathers in our wedding.
Around 7PM, I noticed several missed calls in my cell phone - with a number I did not recognize... so I called to find out who it was. Now, one of my unheralded talents is my ability to recognize peoples voices even if by phone... and the voice of Tito Joe did register after a few seconds. Apparently he was here (only for a limited time) and he was free this particular evening... so off I went (to his hotel) to meet him and catch up with what's been happening.
We spent the night (and had a light dinner) at Cafe Havana in Greenbelt 3, where I had two glasses of Mojitos, and I can honestly say that I prefer our own home brewed Mojitos over the Cafe Havana mix any time.
That said, I was about to post a picture from home until I got the unexpected call from Tito Joe. Guess I shouldn't consider the day ended just because I arrived home; as this evening's surprise twist showed me... and since Tito Joe rarely comes to Manila, I would say the picture I took of him wins, hands down, as picture of the day. If anything, it's a nice surprise and a great reminder of a unique event that happened this day.
Nice seeing you again, Tito Joe!


No comments:
Post a Comment