Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Photoblog - Day 303 Feb 6, 2011

New Fans:

The group's name is, believe it or not... the Rainmakers - yet their voices are hardly that bad to make the heavens weep. On the contrary, their blending is nice to listen to - and the songs they are known for happen to be categorized as within the pop ballad genre.

The four gentlemen have been around for a long time now - and I'm assuming they're all the original singers from the 80's - as those were their golden years (meaning golden as their hits, and not golden as their ages seem to imply these days).

Well, these gentlemen were guest performers for the launch of an internet show about parenting - and though I was not around to learn more about the show, I did get to hear the Rainmakers sing. In fact, when Barbie heard them, she did not believe me that these were the guys she heard of way back when in the radio and vinyl records, seeing as they sounded a lot younger than gentlemen of their age - just quoting how Barbie described them.

As my curiosity took the better of me, since we could just hear them from where we were drinking our coffee, I decided to look... and possibly take a picture. We were positioned one floor above from where they were performing, which afforded me a good view. So I also noticed the many children lingering by the stage's edge... possibly their new fans? Who knows?

I won't be surprised though, with timeless voices that they seem to possess, that may just be the case in five to ten years... that is, if they're still around. I mean, look at groups like the Rolling Stones. How long have they been around, right?

No comments: