Thursday, February 17, 2011

Photoblog - Day 311 Feb 14, 2011

Valentine Tea Box:

I was wondering what to give Barbie this Valentine - and contrary to what is the traditional option of flowers (one I never really chose - I guess I'm non-traditional, and a non-conformist in that sense), I wanted something a bit more useful - and definitely different.

So flowers that would wilt after a day or two (and ridiculously priced in Valentine's day at that) were impractical to me - and out of the question. I considered chocolates - on the sneaky thought that I'd get to taste them too, but I could get chocolates any time of the year... besides, I was choosing gifts together with Fiel, and his comment about not promoting health rang a tiny bell (one I could have easily ignored - but chose to heed that day). There were teddy bears too... stuffed toys that look cute (and equally ridiculously priced, just because they were repackaged), but what use were they as well. We've got lots of stuffed toys just gathering dust, and one would not be that much appreciated.

Then I saw this box filled with tea bags and I pointed it out to Fiel as well. We both agreed that the wooden box would be a presentable item in an office environment, and it's contents were also promoting a healthy lifestyle - so... right there and then, we decided to each get a box.

Technically it could be possible to get the tea and box cheaper elsewhere... but hey, time was of the essence too, so spending a little more was not too bad... and it did not feel like highway robbery as well. After all, what we got was not priced higher just because of Valentine, and it is reusable - just buy more tea bags. When I presented it to Barbie and she learned what it was (and opened it), she said the exact thing I thought... that it would look good in her office... and that the tea was seen as healthy. So yeah... she definitely appreciated the box filled with tea.

No comments: