Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Photoblog - Day 318 Feb 21, 2011

Wooden Beams:

These remind me of architectural patterns used by some homes or country clubs... usually in seemingly forested areas, or in places where wood is easily obtained... and these aren't cheap mind you. Of course the locations with these try to emulate the seeming log cabin feel, hence being right at home in Baguio locales.

But this isn't Baguio... far from it, actually - it's Selah, the dining area in Cyber2 that Fiel and I (plus other colleagues of ours) usually frequent. These beams are proudly isplayed on the ceiling... notice howo the dining place uses minimalist designes for it's ceiling... just the beams and pipings. No bother ti hide the place's skeletal configuration... to give it a semi-underground, unfinished look.

This is another example of the mundane, captured in a more interesting slant. I did not want to use flash photography here, because it would render the beams ither too bright... and the background too dark. Hence I opted for allowing background lighting to handle the light and brightness concern.

No comments: