Pigeon shot:Remember that pigeon shot I had in Piazza showing other people feeding the pigeons? Well this time I came prepared to take pictures of them even in motion. I had some difficulty finding the right combination to capture birds in flight without them looking blurry. Well I think I found the right combination.
Setting my F number really high (at 2000) and compensating for that with a relatively mid ISO at 400, I was ready to try capturing these pigeons... ah but first, I needed to test my shot with something moving and while I was waiting for cars to pass to test my combination, I spotted the water fountain -perpetually moving water... if I could get a shot of this with no blur, that would be it. Well shoot it I did and it did capture the water perfectly. So now I was ready.
This particular shot came in the middle of all the shots I was able to take - almost all with pigeons frozen in flight, or eating at the hands. Anyway, as the pigeons came in to land for food, this particular bird was zooming in on me... probably mistaking my camera for an outstretched hand. Needless to say, I really got a tight shot of the bird, but it was only later that I realized how tight it was.
So cool... scratch one from my list of try and do with the camera. I'm really proud of this (and the other) pictures I took that day.


No comments:
Post a Comment