Friday, March 25, 2011

Photoblog - Day 350 Mar 25, 2011

New Accessories:

With the help of my sister-in-law, Bea, I was able to purchase - at very reasonable prices, two particular accessories for my camera. Accessories, I might add, that I had not thought I could use... and in some case, one's I hadn't thought existed for my camera.

The first one (upper left black metal ring) is a macro lens adapter - let me explain. A photographer can, by way of removing the camera lens and placing it in reverse - come up with a makeshift macro lens that allows one to look at objects at very close range... much closer than possible when using the lens in the regular manner.

However, doing this means you have to manually hold the lens still while focusing and clicking the camera - a feat not easily done. Yet, I had done this at least twice within this very photoblog. This ring allows the attachment of the lens to the camera - so one need not hold the lens in place... thus releasing the other hand and helping hold the camera steady.

The other accessory is a set of diffusers - one white, plus a blue and yellow colored version - with it's camera attachment at the upper right of the picture. I thought diffusers were just for flash attachments (read as not built in) - but these ones were actually designed for use with built-in, pop-up flashes. Lucky me.

No comments: