My Golden Moment:This is me with my family as we celebrate my 50th birthday. As Bernice wrote in her letter to me for this occasion, and I quote" '50... wow.', yeah... I know how it sometimes must feel.
Rest assured, I'm not the first person to turn half a century... and I' sure I'll live longer that this... maybe have more milestones. But how do I feel about this? Well, regarding my age - nothing much... I mean, sure... my body reminds me of it at times, but I'd like to think that I'm still the same person I was yesterday... and inadvertently, hopefully this means I'm still enjoying some semblance of youth.
Most importantly, I live a happy life because what I value as important is with me. I do value my family, and even if I did not have a lot of friends to share this occasion with me (we did have some sort of celebration during lunch), the ambiance, the surprise dinner in the Pen, the cake with the musicians in the lobby playing 'Happy Birthday' and even some people from other tables clapping - acknowledging me, and my little celebration. These were really great moment not captured in pictures... and most of these were planned (in an impromptu manner) by Barbie.
Thank you for the experience 'tart - and I'm glad we had this dinner as a family... yes, including Ben (who took the shot). I guess you can consider this my shot for the month that captured my golden moment.


No comments:
Post a Comment