It depends. IF this were simply a trivial decision making aspect like chossing between two ice cream flavors to buy; and we can't get both, I can simply toss coin - or buy one, then get the otehr next time. Less stress and no need to worry about rpercussions. Choose where to eat between two places? This may take a little bit more thinking. It would depend on mood and preferences. So a toss coin may not be enough.
In choosing something from a handful of options, I could consider which is better between two, then they proceed in round two, etc. I can always use a decision table as well - just consider what the criteria may be. So yes, as the decision becomes more far reaching, more important or life-changing, I would ask to weigh the differing criteria selections. THe more important aspect would be to recognize the better criteria to use.
If it affects more than myself, then I may ask others equally affected (or to be affected) for their options - then go for consensus. The problem begins when I want some data that I feel are important, and don't have access to. I consider if not having this is a deal breaker - if yes, then I wait, or set aside the need to make a permanent decision - likely because I won't be trustiung enough of what I see. This may come across as taking long to decide. Well, better slow, but sure, vs. fast and coming into trouble later.
The Band gets back to practice
-
It has been a while, but we managed to have one practice session this May,
and I basically became the defacto vocalist for almost all the songs we
tried t...
1 month ago


No comments:
Post a Comment