Happiness to me is having what you want - what you need. That would be health, family, and any activity that I can enjoy.
What brings me joy these days? Chilling with my family - meaning my wife and kids. Even if it's just staying home to enjoy cooked meals. Doing home chores to make sure the house is enjoyable. Pets are also cause for joy - caring for them, be they our cats or dogs. My tropical fish aquarium would give me a sense of serenity, so I like just staring at the fishes swim. Walking my dog - even giving them a bath, seeing them happy as I pet them, letting them sleep at the bed. Reading books, or comics in a quiet nook. Listening to music. Wathcing a good movie, either in the theaters with the family, or at home with a good enough home theater set up.
There are other things I'd like to try, but time can be fleeting. I enjoy solving jigsaw puzzles - be they the 500 pieces or even the 1,000 pieces. I would like to get back to sketching, drawing, maybe even painting someday.
Oh yeah, I find fulfillment in helping others - sharing time with my Toastmasters colleagues. Visiting relatives whom I know welcome me. Reunions are cool too... so long as there is openness, and no drama. After all, Life is too short to waste on needless arguments.
When you think about it, my needs are simple. Just the comforts of life - a vacation once is a while - preferably with the family. A learning experience, either from trainings, symposiums, discussions, or books. Inspirational books that help feed the brain and the soul. Those kinds of things. Depending on what I would like to focus on, I can expound on certain things. You need but to ask me.
The Band gets back to practice
-
It has been a while, but we managed to have one practice session this May,
and I basically became the defacto vocalist for almost all the songs we
tried t...
1 month ago


No comments:
Post a Comment