I have been thinking about this... to be frank, it has been drifting in and out of my thoughts a lot in the past years. I initially thought about the idea of leaving a legacy behind when I read through Stenven COvey's Seven Habits and part of this was to knw what I wanted - my 'why', and what would I want people to remember me by.
I have not had the opportunity to directly affect such a move towards a legacy, though. Then again, perhaps it's because my goals change - and with that, the legacy I plan to leave behind. First of all, I hope that my kids become better leadersa dnd communicators = at least to as much as I can help influnce or chape them. Bernice seems to be more level-headed in this regard, and Bryce seem to be struggling. Intelectually, he's good. He's ana avid absorber of ideas - but there seems to be a disconnectbetween his applying his knowledge to common sense. I hope this gets better soon. Either way, their becoming mature and capable adults is slowly shaping up. This was an old dream/goal ever since they were in their promary ediucation. Now they're working adults. The dream still holds. I don't want to control them - but nudge them towards certain paths.
My next one is a doozy... lead like a Starship Captain. Yes, I am currently not in a strong Leadership position - but there are times I am asked to lead a group. Just a few months ago, I led the Hall of Learners Advanced Toastmasters to reach the President's Distinguished club recognition - the highest a Toastmasters club is given. I also led Division N, making it a better division with a livelier community than when I entered. Not everything was successful, mind you - but I strove to make the best of what I could get my hands on. What I could control. I would say the Division being in better shape is a plus factor. So the journey for leadership continues.
Lastly, to help contribute to making the world a better place - one converssation at at time.There are too many miscues, and misallignments happening and because of these, arguments, wars... it gets frustrating when world leaders focus on ego, selfishenss, power frabs and avarice to effect changes that have global ramifications. It can be so easy to say forget about all this shit, but there cannot be a place so remote enough that you wont' get affected by commone politican's stupiduty. I am still in an impasse to address this - much less start the journey. Instead, I do small actions that affect the people near me. To prove that positivity is not naivette, nor is it a weakness. It is a streth to forge to a better and brighter future, rathen than just giving up and letting ll this shit go to the dogs.
The Band gets back to practice
-
It has been a while, but we managed to have one practice session this May,
and I basically became the defacto vocalist for almost all the songs we
tried t...
1 month ago


No comments:
Post a Comment