Tuesday, August 12, 2025

Memoirs Q28: What experiences have shaped your views on Diversity and Inclusion?

I wouldn't usually give half a mind to consider any politics as it is being mentioned or even exploited. But I also agree that people are people. So when people take action to defend what is supposedly their right, I would defend their right to demand an life of respect, acceptance and love.

This is why I don't mind all the efforts to demand recognition. Gay people are still people, after all.

I also have had, and still have friends who are part of the LBTQ++ (lord if I know all the letters and their meanings), and they have shown the right mentality, intelligence, moral stance even... they have, for all intents and purposes proven their lives to be worth knowing - their friendship worth keeping, and their conversations worth listening to. I'm glad to be friends with these people.

I've had conversations with them, admired how they dance - even had someone propose a possible relationship with me. I politely declined, of course. There was enve one time I was propositioned in the restroom of the Sheraton, and I told him I wasn't intersted. But afterwards, I felt like a sex beast... too bad I had no girlfriend that time, I would have used up my raging testosterone with her. Ah well. So, abyway... bottom line, I respect them. I can accept them as friends - after all, like anyone else, they tend to have colorful personalities. They can be the life of a conversation, but deep inside, they may be doing this as a defense mechanism. I wish them well.

No comments: