I would liek to think that I am not easily fazed by change. I know that not everythign stays the same, so there will come a time when I either introduce change, and take it as a challenge to meet the chance in as positive a way I can. Learn from the lesson - then move on. Or if change is suddenly heaved to me... even if it is somwewhat devastating - like retrenchment... I don't lash out and cry 'why me?', nope I think okay... not he end of the world - now what? I try to spin something positive to this and not sit down and worry. Worry won't solve anything.
As for uncertainty? I live one day at a time. This happened during the COVID times. As the world was affected by the pandemic, as everyone was reeling from all the sickness and deaths of this strange, and deadly virus - with no cure in sight, we were all in a state of isolation. It was hard for many - but lucky for us, our family was intact, we stayed at home - followed safety protocols with respect to keeping indoors. I was the only one allowed to go out, for medicinde and groceries. I would wear a face shield, a face mask, and even at the early days, some surgical masks. We had to take every precaution, and the news was not positive - daily statistics of death, stories of how other countries were reacting - the deadly tableu happening around the world. At some time, I stopped watching the news - I knew I was getting overwhelmed, and I needed to focus on other things. My sleeping habits were getting affected - so much so that I stayed awake at night and slept through the day. I guess it was a form of escapism.
So what did I do? I focused on what I could do. Luckily, my family still continues working at home. Laptops and an internet connection became crucial. Zoom became the new tool - allowing people to meet virtually.This allowed us a way to keep connected with relatives, friends, and though we were unsure how long this pandemic would last, we discussed what we did, and planned for what we would like to do should all this go away, and life return to a semblance of normalcy. I bought stuff online - comics, books, even downloaded videas - series tha I've not seen for a long time. Many shows were being broadcst for free - a public service for people to at least enjoy. We all live together became a desparate cry for hope.
We continued living the best we can. Sure, Barbie and I got affected, but luckily, procedures to battle the sickness started filtering in. Strong antibiotics, throat meds... even when the vaccines were starting to come in. We did not follow the government mandate to get the Chine-made Sinuvac - I mean, we did not trust it. Better to wait a while longer as we heard there were other vaccines awaiting approval. Barbie and I were given priority, and we were lucky to get the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
So living life, one day at a time. Staying focused on routines, watching positive-focused shows. Praying... reading books and comics, listening to music, watchign some classic TV series - like Batman '65 (yes, the Adam West batman show). All these to battle negativity and depression. We talked, shared ideas, plans with each other - it was a tightly closed bonding experience. We celebrated birthdays! Kept i touch with whomever we could.
I remeber attending three funeral services for different people. But later, I just zoned out. We could commiserate. But it was hard to share, to empathize and listen - I needed to zone out for my sake. But Barbie and I talked a lot at night. We comforted each other, It was enough that we could all sleep beside each other - we shared one room back then. So despite all the undertainties, we felt close, and we know everyone else was safe. That was enough for the day. We worry about the next day, when it starts.
The Band gets back to practice
-
It has been a while, but we managed to have one practice session this May,
and I basically became the defacto vocalist for almost all the songs we
tried t...
1 month ago


No comments:
Post a Comment