Monday, November 01, 2010

Photoblog - Day 206, Nov 01, 2010

Piazza Lunch:

Today was probably the only time everyone was free - it being a holiday and all, so we scheduled to have our get together lunch with the Dubai folks, before their scheduled leave/vacation ends. Most of them are returning to the Middle East next Saturday, and as for the rest of us... work will once again intrude into our get-togethers. I also imagine them being likewise busy having to consider last minute shopping for things they may be needing to bring back there.

Honestly, it was good of the to visit - and with their nearly a month's stay, we've been able to have out-of-town trips, drinking sessions and gastronomic delights. Though once they return, I imagine it shall be back to a saner diet for me as well... at least, until Christmas.

So yeah... today's lunch was great and everyone had a wonderful time. This is them as they arrived at the Piazza. Barbie and the kids were already at Dencio's (2nd floor) ordering ahead of their arrival. Meanwhile, I was playing around with my mono-pod (and later in the restaurant, my tripod). That was what they probably saw me doing, as they arrived.

Why the mono-pod? I was experimenting with panoramic takes via photo stitching. Apparently, my first try was a mixed success... why so? I got to stitch two pictures - but the people in the middle; where the stitch happened, were out of synch. Well... at least I learned something. Will try again some time soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The tripod is better to use for panoramic stitching unless your monopod is equipped with a spring-loaded three-prong foot.

You may want to look at the Benro Transformer Travel Angel tripod. http://english.benro.cn/TravelAngel1.aspx

It's such a wonderful piece of equipment. Really light and folds really small. Heck, it can fit in a small gym bag! The plus factor here is that you can unscrew one of the legs and turn that into your monopod. :)