Sunday, November 07, 2010

Photoblog - Day 210, Nov 05, 2010

Mirrored Tiles:

This is a post in Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at the Rockwell Mall. I had the occasion to be here and when I saw the near mirror-like tiles, I thought how mirror-ball like it was, and how it would definitely shine light back... even if it were in a myriad pieces (like the mirror ball). So I experimented with it by taking a shot.

The result was rather ordinary - nothing spectacular, since the light reflections was not showing in the picture. So this time, I tried a different track... I used my camera's flash this time and this is what came up.

I'd say this was a much better (livelier) picture representing how the flash's light reflected through the many shiny surfaces, thus making the surface rather dark - but lo and behold, the light did not reflect against the tiles' bonding (which is a non-reflective surface). This resulted in the tiles looking rather visible by their outline, even if they themselves did not shine - which was because I took the picture at an angle to prevent exactly that. End result... a more unique picture.

Guess I can chalk this up to a picture of patterns - in this instance, square patterns.

No comments: