Greenhills decors:This is a picture of Bryce while we were having our dinner at Pho Hoa restaurant on the side of Virra Mall, Greenhills - the one facing the garden. having gone to mass at the Greenhills chapel (just a stone's throw away from Pho Hoa), we decided not to go far in search of a place and opted for Pho Hoa.
But the reason I wanted this picture taken was to also show the decors in Greenhills. As you can see, they are simply representations of gift-wrapped boxes; complete with ribbons, with lights inside them to serve as lamps/decors. On a practical sense, I can't fault them for it... the 'gifts' serve the dual purpose well. However, and this is just a personal opinion, I guess I find the gifts (and their wrappers) as too generic to represent or signify Christmas.
Now maybe it's also the fact that there's a large Muslim population here, hence the downplay of Christmas and a shift to Happy Holidays? Maybe so... but even the gifts are still too generic for this. I mean, we give gifts to our loved ones whenever there is a special occasion - be it on birthdays, baptisms, graduations or even just a plain private term of endearment between lovers on their anniversaries. So the symbolism of gift-giving is ; at least to me, too generic to represent the Holidays of December.
Oh wait... are they planning to use these gift decors all year round? Now that would be brilliantly frugal. But c'mon... shouldn't Christmas and the rest of the holidays being celebrated be more than that?
To their credit, this is not the main decor of the Greenhills Shopping Center - after all, they do have their life-sized mural up front... a practice they seemed to have inherited and continued to do these past years - one that hies back to the old C.O.D. Cubao days. So I guess, I should ease off a little, huh?


No comments:
Post a Comment