Monday, November 08, 2010

Photoblog - Day 213, Nov 08, 2010

Life-like Tips:

I'm currently reading (or more like perusing) a new digital photo reference book that I happen to find in Fully Booked yesterday. Well, technically this will be my fifth digicam book, but I thought it worth getting since the author is Life Magazine's photographer himself - Joe McNally.

It may have been a bit pricey (a little over the thousand mark) but I believe that the lessons he shares within the pages will be worth the purchase as his tips and anecdotal sharing will greatly help me improve my digital photography skills. The book is naturally filled with wonderful pictures, and I may even be tempted to say that even without the narratives, the pictures themselves would be worth the cover price. You see, by observing how the photo was composed, I still learn a thing or two about how to strive for taking great pictures.

The book isn't too heavy, as it isn't hardbound - which in itself is both a pro and con - pro because it won't be a burden to bring around... con because it means it's not too sturdy, and will need some guarded care to ensure it's long (not just library shelf) life, after all... I intend to refer to this a lot.

No comments: